In very basic terms we totally respect your personal information and will
only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help for us to deliver our service to you (such as our professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details –
- The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us with the following data –
First and Last Name
Address and Postcode
Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s). We use the above data to deliver our service to you, to provide the service ordered, for marketing purposes, to personalise your experience and to provide account access.
We collect this data on the following lawful basis: To arrange and/or fulfil a Contract, To meet a legal obligation other than a Contract
When you visit our website we also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example. This helps us personalize your experience, deliver our service to you, for marketing purposes.
- Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
Web analytics provider, Email provider, Newsletter provider service, Accountant, Customer payment provider, Website manager and/or Hosting company, Printing Labs, Back Up Providers, Album Providers.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
- Why do we share your Personal Data with the above?
We share your data in order to deliver our service to you, for marketing purposes, to personalise your experience, to provide account access.
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff, encryption, by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
- You have the following rights
– the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
– the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
– the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
– the right to have your personal data erased
– the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
– the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
– rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via email, telephone, writing to us.
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes. After this time we will archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms. This is due to requests for replacement images being made several years after being taken.
Claire Tennant Photography
Telephone: 07816 860236